Add the email app from the Slack App Directory:
- Then pick a channel you want to direct your emails into:
- Copy and use the generated email address. Any email directed to this special address will appear in your desired channel immediately.
- Go to your Gmail web app, open Settings and add the copied email as a forwarding email address:
- A confirmation code will be posted to the slack channel. Copy and paste it into Gmail app to verify it:
- Create a new filter in Gmail for all emails that come from firstname.lastname@example.org to be forwarded to Slack: